If you are active in sports, you understand the demands of these physical activities. Whether it's football, running, tennis, or any other sport, your body is usually under constant pressure that may result in injuries. While injuries are part of sports, it doesn't mean you have to spend too much time on the sidelines because of it. Our chiropractor at Bernards Sports Chiropractic offers various non-invasive techniques to hasten recovery, helping you return to the game you love in no time.
How Sports Injuries Occur
Overexertion and repetitive movements are likely to cause tears, sprains, and strains in the body. Likewise, tackles and blows from an opponent or even a teammate can result in sports injuries. Regardless of whatever symptoms you're experiencing, our chiropractor will diagnose the root cause of your symptoms.
Common Sports Injuries
Our clinic should be the first place you seek sports injury treatment. Chiropractic care uses natural and non-invasive methods to treat the root cause of your pain, unlike medications that only temporarily alleviate your symptoms. If you have suffered any sports injury, chiropractic care can help. Some of the many sports injuries we treat include:
- Sprains and strains — These occur when the joints are overstretched. Most sprains and strains occur on the ankles and wrists, resulting in stiffness and pain.
- Knee pain — This pain often occurs in athletes
- Shin splints — it's a pain along the tibia commonly experienced by runners
- Dislocations — high impact sports like rugby and football may result in joint dislocations
- Achilles tendon injuries — the Achilles tendon extends from the back of the calf to the heel. Overuse and inadequate training may tear this tendon.
There is a common misconception that athletes need to push through any pain they're experiencing. However, this action worsens the injury, leading to serious health issues later in life. Instead, seek immediate treatment from our chiropractor for a fast and effective recovery.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Sports Injuries
Depending on the location and type of injury, our chiropractor may apply certain chiropractic treatments, including:
- Spinal adjustment: This treatment aligns your misaligned joints, removing restrictions that compress nerves.
- Massage therapy: This treatment relaxes tense muscles to alleviate pain and inflammation.
- Spinal decompression: The treatment uses special tables (to realign your spine. The goal is to take off pressure from the surrounding nerves and muscles.
- Low-level laser therapy: This treatment uses a special light for pain relief for injuries like joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, sprains, and strains.
Visit Us for Sports Injury Treatment from Our Bernardsville Chiropractor
Looking for a chiropractor to improve your sports injury recovery in the Morristown or Bernardsville area? Contact our team at Bernards Sports Chiropractic to schedule your first consultation today. Learn more about the treatment options we offer and how they can help you.