Muscle stiffness can limit your mobility and make it challenging to move freely or accomplish certain tasks. Along with that, it can prevent you from exercising or playing your favorite sports. At Bernard Sports Chiropractic in Bernardsville, NJ, we provide a variety of treatments to reduce your stiffness and help you return to your normal routine.
What Causes Muscle Stiffness?
Muscle stiffness can occur from a variety of causes. Some of these causes include:
- Age: Our bodies go through changes as we age, which makes it less flexible than it was before. As a result, you may have joint pain, muscle pain, and muscle stiffness.
- Sedentary Lifestyle: Your muscles and joints require movement in order to stay flexible. When you are inactive for long periods of time, your muscles and joints can become stiff.
- Sports Injuries: Many people who exercise or play sports find themselves suffering from muscle pain and stiffness at some point. The discomfort can be result from sprains, strains, or overuse.
How to Prevent Muscle Stiffness
There are some preventative measures you can take to reduce the risk of muscle stiffness. It’s important to keep moving and not sit or stand in one position for too long. Not only that, but if you work at a desk, make sure to also walk around and stretch regularly. You can also utilize heat and ice packs to alleviate the stiffness and feel relief.
Chiropractic Care for Muscle Stiffness
Chiropractic care can be highly beneficial for muscle stiffness. After we perform an evaluation and learn more about your condition, we will create a personalized treatment plan for your specific needs. Some methods we may use include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Misalignment can lead to muscle stiffness and pain, as the muscles have to work harder to hold your body upright.
- Therapeutic Massage: Massage therapy can be effective in relieving pain and tension due to misalignments and injuries.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Trigger point therapy is a common sports injury treatment that helps break up knots that restrict movement.
Contact us for an Appointment Today!
Whether you have muscle pain or stiffness, our team at Bernard Sports Chiropractic in Bernardsville, NJ, can help. With the right treatment, we can alleviate your discomfort and improve your mobility. To learn about the treatments that we offer or to schedule your appointment, call us at(908) 221-1334 today. If you’re seeking a chiropractor near me, we are ready to assist you!